Recycling is available to all residents who are eligible for municipal trash collection. Multi-unit apartment dwellings over 6 units and trailer park units are not eligible for recycling pickup. For recycling information please see your building management.
Recycling materials are collected every other week on Wednesdays on your trash collection day. View your collection week by visiting the recycling street list. Place recyclables at the curb by 7 a.m. on the morning of collection, and not before 6 p.m. on the evening prior to collection.
View the 2017-2018 Recycling Calendar
Recycling will be delayed on weeks in which a major holiday fall on Monday through Wednesday, major holidays observed by G. Mello Disposal Corporation are:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Christmas Day
In the event of inclement weather,
Place in paper bag to keep from blowing away and littering the streets. A plastic bag can be used but must be open and obvious that recycling material is enclosed.
- Newspaper and inserts
- Paperback books
- Magazines, catalogs, and phone books
- Junk mail
- Paperboard (cereal boxes)
- Corrugated cardboard (flatten to 2 foot by 2)
- Pizza boxes - must be clean (no grease)
Remove caps, lids, and pumps. Empty contents and rinse clean. Labels may stay on. Cans and plastic containers may be flattened. Glass, metal
- Glass bottles and jars, do not include broken or other glass such as light bulbs, window or auto glass, dishes, glasses, Pyrex.
- Aluminum, tin, and steel
cans,do not include cans containing paint or hazardous material or other metal items.
- Plastic containers numbers 1 through 7. This covers most household containers including beverage, food, laundry, cleaning, bathroom and beauty products. Do not include plastic bags, film or wraps, styrofoam, motor oil, hazardous or chemical containers.
Do Not Recycle
- Plastic Bags
- Kitchen Utensils or Packaging
- Medical Supplies
- Large Plastic Items
- Pesticides and Herbicides
- Motor Oil Containers
- Paint and Adhesive Containers
- Pails (such as ice cream containers)
- Flower Pots and Garden Plastics
- Food Storage
- Microwave Containers
Problems with pick up should be directed to G. Mello Disposal Corporation by phone at 978-352-8581.