Are there other ways to reduce my taxes?
There is also a tax deferral program available for older citizens. A personal exemption from the Community Preservation Surcharge is offered for low/moderate income households. Senior citizens can participate in the “senior tax work off” program. In addition, there are some funds in Merrimac that can provide relief to qualified property owners, and the state Circuit Breaker Tax Credit for seniors.

Show All Answers

1. What’s the difference between an abatement and an exemption?
2. Are there other ways to reduce my taxes?
3. Does the property record card reflect any exemptions to which I may be entitled?
4. What if I feel the value of my property value is overstated?
5. Do I have to apply for an abatement every year if I received one in the past?
6. What if I am not satisfied with the result of the abatement hearing?