Dear Resident/Business Owner,
Energy plays a critical role in our day-to-day lives and ensures the well-being of our community. That’s why we are investing in infrastructure upgrades that will help us to provide safe and reliable natural gas to our customers for years to come.
We will be working in your neighborhood.
National Grid and NEUCO will be performing infrastructure upgrades in the area of
32 to 65 Locust ST.; 36 River RD., Merrimac, MA.
Date: On or about October 25, 2022
Completion time: Approximately December 20, 2022
Construction days and hours: 7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Saturday.
What you can expect during construction.
Typical natural gas main replacement and service construction includes:
• Marking out underground utilities within the project scope area (e.g., water, sewer, gas, electric, etc)
• Excavation of the street and laying of new gas main.
• Relaying National Grid customer’s individual gas services and connecting that service to the new main
• Meters will need to be relocated to the outside of the home or business.
• Temporary or permanent restoration of disturbed areas in accordance with the town ordinance.
• Visit ngrid.com/mainline to view a video about the gas main replacement process on YouTube.
• Social Distancing remains in effect. Mains and services can be worked.