With the winter season upon us, please follow these simple tips to help the DPW keep our roads clear and safe.
- Remove all basketball hoops from the street. Basketball hoops on public roads pose a hazard to snow plows.
- Keep your property lines clearly marked using yard markers to prevent plow damage to the edge of property.
- Follow the winter parking ban, which prohibits motor vehicles from parking on any street or highway for more than one hour between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
- Please refer to Town By-law 5.5 in regards to snow deposit on sidewalks.
- 5.5 Any person who deposits Snow, or water or causes snow or water to be deposited or pumped from private property onto a public way that creates a hazardous condition shall be subject to a fine of $50.00.
Thank you for your cooperation in making this year’s winter season a safe and successful one. If you have any questions, please call the DPW office at 978-346-0525, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.