Recycling is available to all residents who are eligible for municipal trash collection. Multi-unit apartment dwellings over 6 units, businesses, and trailer park units are not eligible for recycling pickup. For recycling information please see your building management.
We use single stream recycling-no separating paper, plastics, etc.. Recycling materials are collected every other week on Fridays on your trash collection day. All recycling materials must fit in the 96-gallon automated cart provided to you. View your collection week by visiting the recycling street list. Place recyclables at the curb before 7 a.m. on the morning of collection, and not before 6 p.m. on the evening prior to collection. Please see the video for placement of cart.
View the 2019-2020 Recycling Calendar
Recycling will be delayed on weeks in which a major holiday falls as below. Major holidays observed by Casella Waste Systems are:
- New Year's Day
- Independence Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
In the event of inclement weather,
- Newspaper and inserts
- Paperback books
- Magazines, catalogs, and phone books
- Junk mail
- Paperboard (cereal boxes)
- Corrugated cardboard (flatten to 2 foot by 2)
- Pizza boxes - must be clean (no grease)
Remove caps, lids, and pumps. Empty contents and rinse clean. Labels may stay on. Cans and plastic containers may be flattened. Glass, metal and plastic containers can go together in the same bin.
- Glass bottles and jars, do not include broken or other glass such as light bulbs, window or auto glass, dishes, glasses, Pyrex.
- Aluminum, tin, and steel
cans,do not include cans containing paint or hazardous material or other metal items.
- Plastic containers numbers 1 through 7. This covers most household containers including beverage, food, laundry, cleaning, bathroom and beauty products. Do not include plastic bags, film or wraps, styrofoam, motor oil, hazardous or chemical containers.
- Plastic Bags or Bagged Recycling
- Coated Paper Items
- Disposable Items
- Toys, Hangers, Clothes, Shoes
- Rubber or Scrap Metal
- Medical Waste
- Ceramics, Pots, Pans, or Baking Glass
- Electronics, Lithium Batteries, or Bulbs
Problems with pick up should be directed to Casella Waste Systems by phone at 1-800-445-1318.